The theme does require a few things to set up. Here’s a quick set of instructions below:
- Download the .zip file from the fat download link above.
- Extract the /simply-minimal/ folder and upload to your /wp-content/themes/ directory.
- Activate the “Simply Minimal” theme under Appearance → Themes.
- Once activated, create a page called “Home” and use the Homepage template.
- Create another blank page called something like “Blog” or “News” for your posts page.
- Go to Settings → Reading and set your Front page and Posts page.
- Go to Appearance → Simply Minimal Options and fill in the settings.
- Use the Optional Excerpt to control the excerpts displayed on the homepage.
- Add widgets of your choice to the “Sidebar” and “404” widget areas.
Yeah, I know the download link is on Theme Lab, but that’s only because my hosting account there has a ton of bandwidth. This should be considered an “as-is” theme by me, and thus I can’t offer any free support. This theme has threaded comments and it won’t work in anything below WordPress 2.7.
There aren’t any links in the footer or anything, but it would be appreciated if you left a link back to this page so other people can find the theme, as well as the free XHTML/CSS template and PSD template versions.
Hope you all like the theme. Let me know what you think in the comments here.